Biographical: Eddie Burgess Dip. Arch. Tech, Cork Institute of Technology.
Education & Qualifications:
2010 Certificate in advanced Construction C.I.T. Cork. B.E.R. Qualified.
1986 – 1989 Diploma in Architectural Technology C.I.T., Cork.
1981 - 1986 Christian Brothers, Deerpark, Cork.
Eddie Burgess studied Architecture in CIT Cork from 1985 – 1988. He has over 22 years experience and currently works as office manager responsible for delivering a wide range of projects from inception, design, planning and construction.
His experience ranges from commercial, residential large housing and apartment projects. He has worked in practices in Dublin and the United States.
September 2009 - Present
Edge Architecture, No. 2 Astna Street, Clonakility, West Cork
2002 – 2009:
Dennehy & Dennehy Designs Ltd, Architects Watercourse Road, Cork.
Dominic O’Flynn & Associates, Chartered Architects, Wellington Bridge, Cork.
Cantwell, Joyce Architects, Dartry, Co. Dublin.
Burke-Kennedy-Doyle Architects, Harcourt Street, Dublin 1.
1994 – 1996:
House Reh Burwell Architects, 811 Rusk, Houston, Texas, USA
Cork County Council, Clonakilty, Co.Cork.
Kelly, Barry & O’Brien Whelan, Architects. St. Patrick’s House, Glanmire Road, Cork.
Senior Architectural Technician for the following Dennehy & Dennehy Designs Ltd projects.
- Castlelake residential & commercial development, Carrigtohill, Co.Cork - Business and Retail Park value €150m. 1,500 housing units and commercial core, €215m.
- Honda & Opel Car Showrooms at Eastgate, Little Island, Co. Cork.
- 173 Unit residential scheme, Ballinhassig, Co.Cork, €45 m.
- Nursing Home, Carrigtohill, Co. Cork, €15m.
- Radison SAS Hotel and Spa, Little Island, Co.Cork.
- Pfizer Little Island and Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork, €15m & €3m.
- Howard Holdings, Crawford Hall apartment, retail and multi-storey car park, Cork City , €45m.
Senior Architectural Technician for the following Cantwell, Joyce Architects projects.
- Department of Heritage for Buswells Hotel, Molesworth St. Dublin, €40m.
- The Submarine bar and restaurant Kimmage, Dublin, €25m.
- The Old Oak bar and restaurant, Parkgate St. Dublin, €9m.
Senior Architectural Technician for the following House Reh Burwell Architects projects.
- Houston, Texas, U.S.A. 57 restaurants - value $86m.
- Kent Corporation, Industrial Manufacturing Plant Mexico, $50m.
Junior Architectural Technician for the following Kelly, Barry & O’Brien Whelan, Architects projects.
- Douglas Village and Douglas Court Shopping Centres, €35m.
- Pepsico, Concentrate Manufacturing Plant, Little Island, Cork, €25m.