Biographical: Stephen Smith B.Arch, BA. (Hons) Arch, MRIAI, HND-Construction.
Education & Qualifications:
2008 – Current
Registered Member of Royal Institute Architects Ireland (RIAI).
Certificate in Professional Practice and Practical Experience - University College Dublin, Ireland.
B. Arch. Architecture. University of Lincolnshire & Humberside and University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
Postgraduate Certificate in Architectural Practice. University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK.
BA Hons. Architecture. University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK.
BTEC Higher National Diploma, Architectural Building Studies. North- West Institute, Derry, N Ireland.
BTEC National Diploma, Building Studies, Limavady College of Further & Higher Education. Limavady , N Ireland.
BTEC Foundation Course, Building Studies, Limavady College of further & Higher Education. Limavady, N Ireland.
Stephen Smith has over 15 years of experience on a variety of commercial projects in Ireland and the UK. In recent years his experience has focused on the planning and development of a number of large residential and commercial schemes in the Cork area. He has also gained extensive experience within the Pharmaceutical and Health care industry. His personnel interest focuses around restoration and sustainable issues within architecture, and he has studied extensively in Ireland, UK, Italy & Australia. Stephen is responsible for new contracts and the front end design and project management of our client’s projects.
2009 –Present: Edge Architecture, No2 Astna Street, Clonakility, West Cork.
2006 - 2009: Dennehy & Dennehy Designs Ltd, Architects, Watercourse Road Cork.
2003 – 2006: McDonogh Lane & Associates, Architects Innishannon, Co. Cork.
2000 – 2003: RKD McCarthy Lynch Partnership, Douglas, Cork.
1998 – 1999: Whittaker Prestige Ltd, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England.
1995 – 1996: Fleming & McKernon Architects, Coleraine, Co. Derry, N. Ireland
Project Architect for the following Dennehy & Dennehy Designs Ltd projects.
- BAM Construction. Castlelake, Carrigtohill, 1500 residential units with new town centre facilities. €215m.
- VEC. Vocational Education Committee Head Offices, Office Fit-out at 21 Lavitts Quay. €1m.
- Clonakilty Town Council. Design of Community Centre at Darrara Rural Eco Village, Clonakilty. €1.5m.
- McInerney Homes Ltd. Housing development scheme (640 units), Whitebarn, Youghal.
- O’Flynn Construction. Dunkettle/ Ballinglanna Estate, Retail, housing & village expansion. €100m.
Project Architect for the following Mc Donogh Lane projects.
- Mr Graham Norton. Renovation of period property, at Ahakista, Co. Cork.
- Induchem Components Ltd. Offices & Warehouse facility, at Kilnaglery, Carrigaline, Co. Cork. €3.5m.
- Ascot Stores Ltd. Proposed mixed use development at Clark Street, Clonakility, Co. Cork.
- Ascot Stores Ltd. Mixed use development, consisting of restaurant, apartments & betting shop at Connolly Street, Clonakility, Co. Cork .
- Fleming Construction. Proposed Residential & crèche complex at Clogheen, Clonakility, Co. Cork.
- St John's Hotel Group. Radisson Spa Complex, Limerick. €2m.
- McAuliffe Ltd. Mixed use residential & commercials development, with community theatre.
Project Architect for the following RKD McCarthy Lynch Partnership, projects.
- Department of Justice. New offices for Legal Aid Board Headquarters, at Cahirciveen, Co Kerry. (RIAI Regional Award). €7m.
- Cope Foundation. Springfort Residential Care Unit & Resource Centre, at Springfort, Montenotte. €8m.
- Southern Health Board. New Offices for C.U.H, Diagnostic Imaging Department, at Cork University Hospital, Cork. €2m.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals. New Technical Services Building, at Little Island, Co. Cork. €3.5m.
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. OSP2 Production Building, at Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork. Client: €30m.
- Cork Institute of Technology. 2003 Masterplan, at Cork Institute of Technology, Cork.
Project Architect for the following, Whittaker Prestige Ltd projects.
- British Racing Drivers Club. BRDC Driving School extensions, at Silverstone F1 Circuit, Buckinghamshire, UK. €1.5m
- Kodak UK. Film Processing Facility, at Northampton, UK. € 2.5m.